Saturday, August 18, 2007

My Class of Third Grade Science






Here are some photos of my third grade science class. I really enjoyed this class this year. It was a really small class...only 9 students...so I was able to get to know them more personally and spend more individual time with them. Here you can see them participating in different activities. For example, in one photo they are trying to light a lightbulb when we were studying electricity. In another photo, one of the students just made a fossil using play-doh and a small dinosaur. In another photo, the students were doing an experiment with "oobleck"--a "mystery" green substance that they had to figure out if it was a solid, a liquid, or a gas. In another photo, the students are coloring Easter eggs to celebrate Easter. They also made Easter baskets and we had an Easter egg hunt! In the last photo, you can see some students reading some science books. Last year, the school didn't have any other science books for the children to read other than their textbooks. This year, I brought down some science books that I already owned, books I had bought at garage sales, and books that my church in Michigan, Lake Center Bible Church, had donated. The kids ABSOLUTELY LOVED the books! I had a check-out system where the kids could sign out books and take them home. They would often check out 5 or more books a day to take home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home